Wednesday, October 28, 2009


Its been raining for two days. I don't mind it. I find the rain soothing at times, especially when I am having trouble sleeping. I love waking in the middle of the night to the sound of it drumming against my air conditioner. During the day it can be a bit of a nuisance, especially when I have to travel between school buildings. It is hard to go from building to building and keep my paperwork and work stuff dry, but other wise, I don't mind it.

Today feels very much like a fall day, wet leaves making the roads shiny with their colorful presence. I love this time of year, just before the rush of Holidays when I can just admire the beauty of the day and fall into the ease of the evening after work. I love cooking and knowing that something hot and delicious will tantalize my mouth. I love not having to rush anywhere and to be able to just listen to the wind and the leaves blowing about knowing that soon, very soon winter will be upon us.

For tonight, I will relish the sounds of the cool evening, the sounds of the wind blowing and I will be grateful that I don't have to work tonight.




1 comment:

Big Dave T said...

Haven't been here in a while but I still had your blog bookmarked. Then I saw your comment on my blog and so thought I'd visit.

I like rain at night too. We used to have a cassette tape we'd play of a storm coming. It'd put us to sleep every time. Leaves are fine too, until it comes time to rake them.

Good to see you blogging again, even if just occasionally. It's therapeutic when life deals you some of those sometimes unpleasant twists and turns. Least I find it so.