Wednesday, October 21, 2009



I was nervous about calling but I needed to ask him something. There are certain things that I've grown accustomed to, in which he is the one that I rely on. Some of those things are questions about technical things. His sister answers the phone, it is awkward for things had gotten ugly at times and now I just wanted to tell her how very much I liked her and admired her.

He picks up the line and its like a light of warmth comes through the line. I ask how he is and he says he is happy. The tears well up for I can sense it and feel it. Its like the heaviness is gone and is replaced by the lightness of a soul. I don't cry because I am sad, which I am in many ways but more, because I am happy. Happy for this child man that I love.

His lightness persists in his words and I can't really explain it but its as if I can feel the warmth of it penetrating my being. I almost wanted to reach out and touch his face and say "see I knew you would be because your journey was not to end with me". He tells me he misses me sometimes and my heart aches because I feel as if my child has left his nest and I can't watch over him anymore and I can't help but let the tears run their course. I want to hug him and tell him that I am not far from reach if he should ever need me. I know that we cannot be together for that is really not the purpose of us.

As we finish our simple conversation, I have a lump in my throat and I can barely get that very small word out "goodbye". He is my Allen forever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never had the experience of ending a marriage because I've never had the experience of marriage. I can only imagine what you're going through. I'm glad that you're still blogging, and I've finally caught up!

Hang in there. You're OK, and you're doing something incredibly difficult. I hope that your blog can be somewhat therapeutic.

Many hugs,
Betty

simply me said...

Hi Betty! How are you? I always read others blogs but it had been a while since I wrote. Its been a challenging year but I know all will be ok and its just another chapter of my life.
So much is changing but I still feel very fortunate and always hopeful.
Hope all is well with you and your handsome boy.

مها said...


شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
شركة عزل اسطح بالاحساء
شركة عزل خزانات المياه بالاحساء
شركه عزل مائى بالاحساء
شركة عزل حرارى بالاحساء
شركة عزل مائي وحراري بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء

تسويق الكترونى said...





شركة تنظيف بالجبيل

kaka small said...

Nice post!we love visiting in your blog...we will come back soon.
สูตรบาคาร่า
goldenslot register
สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง
GCLUB มือถือ